Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Girls night out

Paula, Candy, Rochelle, Brandi, Me and Jamie.....went out for the night, just girls!


We started at the beach at the Golden Lion


and these goof balls wouldn't pose for a picture....


We went to the Casting Crowns concert with Matthew West opening


It was a blast


Matthew West is one of my favorite singers, I love his music.  He is a Christian singer and writer. 


This is Matthew West after the concert.  My favorite song of his seems to be sorta my life motto....check out the song on youtube HERE.  I always like to think that there is a bigger picture, and I don't want to miss out on helping others.  The song is called "My own little world." (sidenote, i am pretty sure the pretty "single mom" with the child is his wife and child in the movie clip)


We also met another opening act called Royal Tailor.  It was a younger Christian Hip hop band that opened too.  I think I am getting old, I tried to like their music but really I wanted to get a picture with them so I looked cool to my babysitters...


Of course, we grabbed a quick picture of some of the Casting Crowns.  The lead singer is a youth pastor and works on the weekends, and sings through the week....AMAZING.  My favorite song is HERE. (called "I will praise you in this storm") Although I love a ton of their songs as well.  Wait, I love this one too....Glorious Day.  Last but not least, one of Ryan's favorite movies Courageous and the song that goes with the movie was written by Casting Crowns.  Here is the link to that song. Ryan and I have watched the movie, and it has impacted us so much.  Please take the time to watch it together with your spouse.  It was a wonderful and blessed evening with these girls.  I have been in a lifegroup for almost 4 years with these girls and their husbands.  As husband and wife you meet with each other and do studies to help your marriage, and your Godly choices in life.  I will miss these girls terribly as they are such a rock in our lives.  Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same. So thankful for so many wonderful relationships in my life.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: