Pages

Friday, May 01, 2009

Grandma




This is a day where people will pay respects to my grandma.
This is a day that she would want to know about.
Grandma always thought about those who passed on.
She always wanted to know how the family was.
She wanted to know how the food was.
She would have wanted to know the weather to make sure that the people waiting outside the funeral didn't get cold.
She doesn't have to worry about that anymore.


This is a picture after church with grandma in the Nursing Home Lobby. As you can see, Scarlett so badly wanted to go to the fish tank, but grandma wanted to hold her. She loved to hold the children in the lobby (i think she thought she looked pretty cool to the other residents...heheh). however, Scarlett wanted no part of it...

We have been so blessed and fortunate to be able to go to Ohio so often and visit with our grandparents and those that we love. I do wish at these times that we lived closer so that I can feel that closeness but God has other plans.

Romans 14:8-9 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: Whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jill,
You and the family are in our thoughts and prayers! I am sure she was a wonderful person and awesome grandmother. How I wish we were all closer to our families to get to know one another.
My grandma passed away when I was 9 and to this day I have more respect for her than any other in my life. She showed us all the way to be kind and care for one another. It sounds like your grandmother was the same... their values and traditions will be carried on by us! Though it still does not feel the same... I know it is what they would have wanted!
XOXOXO
Wish I was there to give you a HUGE hug and kiss!
Jess