Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Honeymoon 101

This past weekend, Ryan and I were on what you might call ...... a mini honeymoon.  This picture was taken a few months ago because I didn't take ONE picture this entire weekend and it was just the two of us.  I am not sure what I was thinking.
This picture was taken about a day before we moved from Florida.  Yes, SAD, I need to get some pictures of us together.  Plus, I was almost 20 weeks here and well, ugh.  Anyways, some randomness from the weekend. 

1.  Everyone needs a break from their kids, doesn't make them bad parents just that more in love.  (ok, and if you are not one of those people that needs a break, I am totally impressed)
2.  Going out to eat without your kids is a shear treat, but going to Michael's after is even better....especially when your kids are not begging for every craft in the store. (and yes, I want to buy them the craft because I want it too)
3.  Showering and getting ready can really take you 45 minutes....we even made it to church on time with time to spare.
4.  We went to eat Hibachi, but then realized we didn't wan to waste our alone time watching someone cook. (quite frankly didn't want to spend the money either)
5.  The toys never moved for 3 days straight.
6.  I completed a task within hours....I wanted to clean the closets in the hallway (organize) and start the nursery.  Believe it or not, I did all of the above and "things" didn't walk off by little people.

One of the best compliments after the weekend is hearing that our children were well mannered, behaved for others and were thoughtful.  Thank you to parents and siblings for taking our children.  

We can't wait for this coming weekend, as we are off to Indy 500 with some dear friends.  And this honeymoontwoweekendsinarow was not planned like this, it just happened.  As our girls call it, its a date night!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: