Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Willow's Delivery

The following describes my delivery. It is written in the context from mommy to Willow for her baby book. To make my life easier on telling you all a little bit more details on delivery, i just copied/pasted.


Dear my baby Willow,

Around 6:15 a.m., I woke up with a different type of kick in my belly. I went back to sleep and about 10 minutes later woke up with the same kick as before. You continued until about 7:15 and I was getting no sleep and wondering if you were going to come into the world on Wednesday, August 26, 2009. I thought I had better get into the shower incase the contractions were real. As the hour progressed, the contractions progressed in time and pain. I remember combing my hair and then huddling over in pain knowing this is it. The feeling is amazing and I am SO glad that the doctors didn’t pursue to induce you like they wanted to. By 9:00, we were finally out the door as your grandma Bonnie was staying to watch Scarlett. As we drove our 45 minutes to the airport the contractions were 5 minutes apart, at this time we were following a police officer and Daddy went around him but we never got pulled over. Daddy dropped me off at the front door and I went into the 2nd floor of Flagler Hospital of St. Augustine to be admitted. First, they took me into a room where they check vitals and to make sure that you are in labor, but after seeing that my contractions were about 3 minutes apart, they moved me instantly to the room where I delivered you. Mary, the nurse, checked to see how much I had dilated and I was at 6 around 10:00. After much blood was taken and vitals were done, they gave me my medicine for strep B. This medicine has to be in my system for 4 hours. They weren’t sure if we were going to make 4 hours. After waiting for the blood results and sitting through a few hours of contraction pain, they finally gave me my epidural; I was dilated to 8 by noon. The pain reliever was setting in and things were slowing down and they told me not to push or move until 1:45. At that time, the doctor came in to tell me that I was completely dilated and that they could break my water and you would pop out. However, we decided to wait until my water broke, which it did around 4:00p.m. At 4:00, the doctor came back into the room, talked to me about things, got prepped and ready to go. I remember looking at the clock at 4:15 thinking, how long are you going to make me push. At 4:15, the doctor said, “Let’s do this” and I pushed for 15 minutes and the sweetest little baby came rolling out and was put into my arms. You didn’t make a peep. You were so calm, gentle and tiny. You were officially born at 4:28 p.m. and I loved every minute of it. It was a wonderful experience much like your sisters. The nurses were wonderful and daddy was so proud. They checked all of your vitals and you were a healthy 7 pounds 9 ounces. When I looked at you, I fell in love with you instantly and thanked God that we were blessed to have you in our family.

love your mommy

No comments: