Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

I am still alive

One of the worst nights I have had in a really, really, really long time. I thought the pain would never stop and I wasn't even sick.

It was this little one. She was one sick puppy.


Notice the bowl to the right, and the cup of water...these were key items this weekend.


 


She was really, really, really sick. It all started on Saturday night into Sunday morning. She threw up for at least 7 hours and I was starting to get worried that I might have to take her into the ER because she wasn't drinking much and was dry heaving.

I called Ryan and told him and he said he would try to get a flight home earlier. He cancelled a few of his plans for the week to help me. Although, let me add that he got sick the following day and was in bed all day as well. NOT CONVENIENT for a sleep deprived mommy.

On Sunday after relaxing and not doing ANYTHING, she was up and moving and doing what she loves best.... dress up. (notice the ear rings, this is the latest of her dress up times, although mommy doesn't even have her ears pierced, its funny how she knew what to do with them.)


 


By Monday morning she was great and back to learning time.

 

(she was working on the egg carton which has uppercase letters on the bottom of it and she has to match up the caps with the lowercase letter)

Things were even better by Monday afternoon when she was eating, throwing food and laughing.

 


Great days, great fun, long nights, but I am still alive and loving life.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ohio_Momto3boys said...

We had that same bug :-(. Ozzie (6) came home from a field trip with a temp of 102 then the puking started. It was pretty gross.
BUT, about 24 hours exactly, he was STARVING.

It didn't take long before I started the bad headache/fever thing and then I, too, got sick. I basically counted down to the 24 hour mark and sure enough, was eating crackers at that point.

Ahhhh... gotta love tummy bug season :-(